Monday, December 29, 2014

My Year through Song..


If I had to pick a theme song for my life this past year.. it would be this song! I remember very well the first time I heard it. I was with my mom and aunt at the Walmart gas station. It was earlier in the morning on a very cold February morning. And we was on the way to my brothers. I remember thinking that it was one of the most beautiful songs I had every heard! It was new at the time, so when I asked my mom and aunt if they knew the name of the song, or who sang it. They did not know. My mom actually said.. "Nicole Nordman I think" Well she was wrong! lol. I loved this song.. but little did I know at that time, that this song would be played at times when I needed it the most. That  it's message, lyrics, words.. would become part of me..and my walk. A song about stepping out in faith, trusting in God to be there when you need Him most. To allow Him to lead me.. where He wants me to be.. even if I do not understand. And believe me..I've had to do that this year. I've had the unknown before me. I've had one of my biggest dreams, and desires of my life..taken from me. Well that's what I thought at first. But then God told me, and showed me through others.. Hey girl.. trust me. I know what I am doing. When your desires become my desires.. then your dreams will come true! Trust me! Call upon my name.. keep your eyes on me when trails come when the ocean rises and you feel like it's going to swallow you.. look above the waves, I am there. Don't look away Peter don't you dare. You can find rest in.. for I am yours.. and you are Mine!!

This song always seemed to come on at the right times too. When I felt like giving up, when I felt like melting out of saddness, and worrisome heart. It would come on the radio. or on my spotify. I would cry.. but not because of saddness, or doubt. But because of reassurance. God can and does use song to His message through, and boy does it work on me!  So this would be my theme song of the year! God knew I needed this song. He knew the first time that I heard it, it would be a part of who I am. Other songs that helped me through the year are the following..







and of course..






No comments:

Post a Comment