Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Blog.

So I was going to do a Christmas haul blog..where I tell everyone what I got for Christmas. But really who cares? I do, because I got them..and I love them! But do you really care what I got? Seriously? Yeah I didn't think so. I do want to mention three things I got though. If you do not know what they are (which I hope you do at least one of them) look them up. This is kind of my "review" for these products.

First is a Kitchen Aide. This is the only "serious" thing I asked for this year. The other two things was a my own kitchen, and a puppy lol. I playfully asked for these. But I was serious about the Kitchen Aide. I've wanted one for years. And this year I got one!! I was and am SOOO happy!! What an amazing little appliance. OK it's not so little. But it's beautiful. And red! Which is my favorite color! LOVE it..and it works wonderful! I could hardly wait to use it. Oh it's awesome. It's so nice to be able to just put your ingredients in and let it go. No standing over a bowl, with a hand mixer, working on my muscles. No flour getting in my face (I had stopped using a mixer and just hand mixing). I really can't wait to make bread, and use that dough hook. I love that dough hook.

Second was a Babycakes machine. This was a surprise from my brother Randy and his wife..my sister Bridget. OK before people make faces and think gross.. your brother married your sister. NO. She's just like a sister to me. OK.. got that out of the way. Now this is a three in one. Donuts, cupcakes, and cake pops (or you can totally use this for donut holes..and I totally plan to lol..make my own Tim Horntons). So it's a three in one! Now I've seen commercials for this, and actually have it on my Amazon wish list (which reminds me..I better take that off). But the reviews have never been good. I've watched Youtube after Youtube and read reviews where people just have no luck. So I'll admit, I was a little scared to use it. I decided on donuts. OK not really. It was the plate that was in the machine. I don't know what these people making these reviews were doing wrong..but my little chocolate donuts turned out great! They were perfect shaped, they didn't over spill (the directions did call for more to be used, than it needed. I don't like directions..so I didn't listen and used less.) These were awesome!

And last but not least I got a Ready Grill. Now I have never seen one of these. And the best I can describe it (and I have pictures which I'll probably post them through instagram)  it looks like a big toaster! It has three parts. The machine itself. Which is long and silver, the grill..which is what holds the food. And the basket that catches the grease. I seem to forget what that's called at this time. Oh and kabobs skewers.  Of course before I opened it, or tried it. I got online to see what others were saying about it. It seemed to get really good reviews from people. So this morning. I decided to try it out. What better food to try than bacon! Everyone loves bacon right? So I do all the reading of directions, etc. etc. that goes into getting something new. I set it up, warm it up, and get the bacon ready. Now the grill isn't what you're probably thinking of.. it looks like this..

So my first challenge was laying the bacon onto the basket? Because that's what it really is. A basket. It's flat, with two sides. It opens up, you put the food on it, close it and then put it in the machine. Kind of like you would toast. I made three slices of bacon. Now the directions for bacon says you can overlay it. But I thought nah. Not right now. I didn't want to make a whole pound of the stuff. Just wanted to try it. So I placed three slices on the grill, closed it, and placed it in the machine. And the bacon fell to the bottom of the grill. Thankful. It's closed at the bottom so it can't fall into the actual machine. But I was like..OK whatever. I set the timer and washed dishes. It did smoke the house up some. But bacon does that (unless you make it in the microwave or oven). It didn't turn out very good. Some of it was burnt, ,and some of it was still raw..and that was a major let down. So I thought..what about the skewers? That should work. I mean when we cook bacon on an open fire we use skewers. So I got out two pieces of bacon slapped them on the skewers, placed them inside the grill..and put them in the machine. Set the timer and put the dishes away. When it was done it was two perfect pieces of bacon from heaven! I let them set for a few minutes and they crisped right up. Not too burnt, and not too raw (which is good) just perfect! And so very good. Then I had to try something else. So I got out three chicken nuggests.. and made those. They turned out crisp on the outside, and juicy on the inside..perfect! So far I am very impressed with it!!

Now the question is..what am I going to make next? Experiment with next? Oh my poor family.





No comments:

Post a Comment